Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Welcome to Eggchop

My lack of posting has been leaving me disgusted lately, but really, there's not a lot I can do about it these days. Although I'm not extending my contract at Maple Bear (not because it's a bad school, I just want a nice summer vacation at home and Maple Bear became a non-option for extending because of that), I am looking to return to Suwon in early September, so all of my efforts these days have been put into finding an adequate job in an adequate area of the city. That being said, it's not that hard to find a job in Suwon, ever.

A few weeks ago, Patrick and I were lounging around the huge park in Ingyedong (downtown Suwon) and catching some rays when we decided to walk down the main street and find a decent place for dinner. Lately, Ingyedong has proven itself an excellent place to go for some eats (although you could say the same about Yeongtong, Suwon Station...Korea in general...) and recently some new, hip looking restaurants have sprung up on the main drag. We finally decided on Eggchop, although neither of us really knew what kind of restaurant it was.

Turns out they specialize in omelette rice! I'm not much of a fan myself, but since it was not just any old omelette rice, but fusion omelette rice I decided to go for it.

This was my choice for the evening: omelette rice with a side of rolled pork cutlet. the green sauce is sweet basil. It actually wasn't so bad, the fried rice inside the egg had kimchi in it and it tasted really nice. But I probably won't go back to this restaurant- I just don't like omelette rice.




Patrick got sweet and sour pork omelette rice. I thought it was more sour than sweet, and he thought it was more sweet than sour, so... really, not a great meal on the whole. A little disappointing, Eggchop! Although the presentation was nice. I find Koreans always go a little overboard with the sauces, though, and this meal was no exception.

If you are a fan of omelette rice, or believe you could be, than Eggcop is probably the place for you! Just not for me.

No comments: