Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas is Fast Approaching...

I think I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel! Progress reports are finished. Two week plans are finished. Most of my Christmas shopping is finished. My kids know their Christmas songs for the concert next week. I have the turkeys ordered for our Christmas dinner at Now Bar. My visas are taken care of for China, as are all of my hostel, train and ferry reservations. And today is Friday! Awesome!

On a much sadder note, my boyfriend has left me for the green grass of Ireland for the holidays. I can't tell you how jealous I am of him. Also, I don't really remember how to go to Now Bar or out to dinner without him. This "independence" thing will take some getting used to (and hopefully I figure it out before my trip to China in eight days).

My Mom and Dad, of course, felt that giving me money for Christmas just wasn't enough and sent a big box of goodies for Pat and I, which we opened last Friday at our own little Christmas celebration. We ate some steak and mashed potatoes (some of my best work yet- stay tuned for recipes), watched Muppet's Christmas Carol, and opened our gifts. Here's some photographic evidence:



My ornaments that my mom sent me last year. She's pretty good at finding kooky stuff for me.


Pat is like a kid in a candy store. He loves Christmas!


My mom puts so much thought into her gifts. We got P and J belgian chocolate. The J was delicious. I packed the P with Patrick so he could enjoy his on the plane. We also got TURTLES! My favourite holiday chocolate! Pat had never heard of turtles before but he soon became addicted. They were gone in about five minutes.



"Your Mom really went all out!"



What could it be? (The answer is: pajamas)




And an Eric Clapton biography. Thanks Mom!


I really love my parents. Can you tell? Merry Christmas!






No comments: